Date: Saturday, January 30, 2021
Time: First run will start at 10:00am CST
Location: Winston Churchill High School, 12049 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX 78216
The fitness test registration is now available on the STSR system. Login to the STSR system and look for "STSR Hosted" and"06-02-0121-RFIT"
Items of note:
· This fitness test is voluntary.
· This fitness test does not count toward a U.S. Soccer Registration except for those who registered for the 2021 Regional Referee Upgrade in U.S. Soccer Learning Center.
· You must be registered as a U.S. Soccer Referee to participate. All U.S. Soccer Referees outside of South Texas must register as a guest with STSR first before registering.
· STSR will administer the National, National AR, Regional (Men's and Women's) fitness tests
· A form will be sent to registrations the week of the Fitness Test for selection of specific test run.
· Test results will be submitted to U.S. Soccer for review.
· Eligibility for PRO and U.S. Soccer Assignments may be dependent on performance of the Fitness Test.
· There is a $30 fee to cover some (not all costs)associated with the test.
· COVID Protocols will be administered and instructions will be sent out the week before the test.
· No refunds except if the test is cancelled for the date registered or the registrant tests positive for COVID within 14 days of this test. Medical proof of the COVID test will be required.
· The test will be limited to 100 participants.
Please submit any questions to SRA at email@example.com
Additional Note: For questions in regards to the U.S. Soccer NCSI background check requirements and process, you can click here for the FAQ page.
With the effect of COVID-19 on soccer this year, the South Texas Referee Committee has elected to opt-in to the offer made by U.S. Soccer to automatically extend 2021 licenses to all referees licensed for 2020 at NO CO$T. Licenses will be renewed for 2021 at the 2020 level.
This means that Grassroots Referees, Assessors, Assignors and Instructors will be renewed as Grassroots Referees, Assessors, Assignors, and Instructors. Regional Referees will be renewed as Regional Referees with the fitness test and evaluation requirements waived. Regional Referee Assessors will be renewed as Regional Referee Assessors with the assessment/evaluation requirements waived. Regional Emeritus Referees and Regional Referee Instructors will be renewed as Regional Emeritus and Regional Referee Instructors.
The 2021 grassroots referee re-certification licensing course is now online in both English and Spanish. Click here to see these courses.
Five items of note:
1) 2021 Licensing Courses - do not register for any paid courses for 2021 at the same level as your 2020 license.
2) NCSI Background Check - if you turn 18 over the period that covers your 2020 and 2021 registration, you will need to pay for and obtain a background screen – U.S. Soccer will send you notice of this requirement and if not completed in the required time, your registration will be suspended until this is approved.
3) SafeSport training - if your SafeSport training expires during the period that covers your 2020 and 2021 registration, you will need to complete the SafeSport Refresher Course – U.S. Soccer will send you notice of this requirement and if not completed in the required time, your registration will be suspended until this is successfully completed. After logging in, go to COURSES > AVAILABLE COURSES > SUPPLEMENTAL COURSES > SafeSport (in the left-hand column).
4) Re-Certification for referees with 2019 & 2018 badges - If you have held a grade 9, 8 or 7 license for a minimum of one (1) year within the last 3 registration years and want to re-certify, the process is performed through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center. For information on this process, click here to see the news article.
5) 2020/2021 Laws of the Game Changes – the U.S. Soccer Learning Center has a FREE module for these changes. We STRONGLY encourage you to take this short supplemental course prior to your taking assignments when they may occur again. After logging in, go to COURSES > AVAILABLE COURSES > SUPPLEMENTAL COURSES > Laws of the Game Update (in the left-hand column). When the list appears, click on “Clear” on the right side so nothing is populated in the filters and an English and Spanish version will both appear – click on “COURSE DETAILS” to continue.
Only individuals registered for 2020 will have their licenses automatically extend for 2021 at no cost. individuals who did not re-certify for 2020 may re-certify for 2021, but will need to pay the registration fees to do so (18+ years of age will need to pay for a background screen) and successfully complete the respective 2021 licensing course. Once the 2021 license is approved/obtained, you may perform the activities of the license immediately.
Licensing courses sponsored by South Texas for 2021 will commence to populate on the U.S. Soccer Learning Center in late July/Early August.
Grassroots Referees wishing to upgrade for the 2021 badge year will be required to pay the registration fee and complete the 2021 U.S. Soccer Regional Referee Upgrade Requirements by December 31, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the State Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2020/2021 edition of the Laws of the Game comes into force as of June 1, 2020, but competitions suspended because of COVID-19 have the option of completing the competition using the Laws of the Game 2019/20 or 2020/21, even if the restart is after 1 June 2020.
To download the IFAB 2020/2021 LOTG Booklet, click here.
To download the IFAB 2020/2021 LOTG Single Page, click here.
If you currently have the IFAB app, it will allow you to automatically update once you open it.
To download the IFAB LOTG App to your mobile device, click here.
A number of changes to the Laws of the Game for 2020/2021 were approved; the exact wording is in the document available for download below.
All changes are compulsory for competitions and matches as from 1 June 2020, although competitions which start before that date may implement them earlier or delay their implementation until no later than the start of the next competition.
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) members were pleased that the changes to the Laws of the Game for 2019/20 – particularly with regard to the goal kick, the substitution procedure, the use of red cards(RCs) and yellow cards (YCs) for team officials, and no attackers being allowed in the defensive wall – have had such a positive impact on the game at all levels.
Download the Laws of the Game 2020/2021 Changes and clarifications in English here.
For any 2019 or 2018 grade 7, grade 8 or grade 9 referee, the grassroots re-certification course is performed entirely online through the U.S. Soccer Learning Center
U.S. Soccer has transitioned to a new Learning Center/Registration Database for grassroots referees. All your license information that resided in the old database has been migrated to the U.S. Soccer Learning Center. In addition, the STSR will no longer be using our web site member sign-in for registration and re-certification of grassroots referees.
You must create a Profile in order to access your information, enroll for grassroots related courses and register starting now with U.S. Soccer.
To create your Profile, complete the following steps:
Sign up instructions are also provided at Learning Center Sign Up.
NOTE: If you are unsuccessful, e.g., you do not see all your current licenses listed in your Profile, then send an e-Mail to email@example.com.
This grassroots re-certification course is hosted on the U.S. Soccer Learning Center.
Once you have officially signed up with U.S. Soccer, you can "LOG IN" again, click on "COURSES" in the upper left and under "AVAILABLE COURSES" click on Re-certification. Then set the "HOST" filter to South Texas Referee Committee and clear the "LOCATION" filter to obtain the necessary results or you can find the re-certification course by clicking here. Please note the requirements in the course details.
IMPORTANT: U.S. Soccer now requires ALL referees 18+ years of age to complete an NCSI Background Check in order to be able to register. This is part of the licensing course requirement and is performed by the National Center for Safety Initiatives, LLC (NCSI). The cost is $30 for a 2 year period which will be added to your course registration fee.