Note: Late Fee is added when registering past December 31 of registration year.
1. All refund requests must be submitted to the STSR office in writing (or e-mail) within 14 days of the clinic cut-off date.
2. Clinic and Registration Fees will be refunded with a $5.00 cancellation fee if you cancel your clinic reservation and registration prior to the cut-off date for the clinic.
3. Attendance cancellation after the clinic cut-off date is subject to STSR review. Full, partial or no refund(s) may or may not be granted based on review.
4. There will be no clinic fee refunds for a person who does not show up, or does not complete a clinic he/she has signed up for.
5. A person may request a refund for special circumstances. This request must be made in writing to the STSR office.
6. A person who completes the clinic and does not pass the initial training session may apply their paid USSF/STSR registration fee to future.
7. USSF/STSR registration in the same badge year upon successful completion of all testing and requirements.
8. A person who completes the clinic and does not pass and does not wish to continue the registration process may request a refund of the USSF/STSR registration fee.
9. In this case, STSR will refund the USSF/STSR registration fee only. STSR reserves the right to charge a service fee for any refund.
10. This service charge will not exceed $25.00. If you do not pass and do not request a refund, your Registration fee will be considered a donation to STSR.
11. Registrations must be completed by June 30th of the current badge year. Registration Refunds for the current badge year will NOT be honored after June 30th. The unused registration fee will be considered a donation.
1. All other refund request(s) must be made in writing (email) to the STSR office within 30 days of the charge.
2. STSR will review the request and reply within 10 working days whether the request will be accepted or not. If accepted, STSR will issue a refund set forth in its reply.
3. Refunds of fees paid by check will experience significant delays, waiting for the original check to clear, and paperwork processing to issue a refund check. Credit card refunds will be much quicker to process.
STSR intends to make every reasonable effort to deny from participation, any Referee, Instructor, Assessor, or Administrator, that by Law has been convicted of a crime of violence, or a crime against another’s person, that would bring unnecessary risk to the health and safety of any Youth Player or Youth Referee.
Anyone affiliated with STSR and at least 18 years of age, is required to participate in this program.
All Background Check information is Confidential and is strictly prohibited from being divulged, becoming the property of South Texas Soccer Referees.
Effective with badge year 2010 STSR will require those individuals that are Instructors, Assessors, Assignors, Administrators, or Referees, and at least 18 years of age to have the Background check completed, results reviewed by the Risk Management Officer and possibly the Risk Management Committee and if approved will be registered with USSF and listed as a currently registered official on the www.stsr.org website. Beginning in 2010, if age 18 or over, their name appearing on the www.stsr.org website as a registered official along with their current year USSF Registration card indicating Texas - South is proof that they have been through this process and have been approved. Officials that have not registered through STSR will not have been through this process, may have a current year USSF Registration card, but will not have Texas-South on their USSF Registration card and will not be listed as a current official on the STSR website.
Denied individuals’ names are never placed on the public Current Year Registration List at www.stsr.org. Their applications are not approved by the SRA, nor submitted to US Soccer. They never receive a US Soccer Registration Card with Texas-South as their State Association. The denied individual will be refunded the US Soccer portion of their registration/clinic fees only.
For club/league purposes, the presence of their name on the public Current Year Registration List at www.stsr.org , and the possession of a current year US Soccer Registration Card with Texas-South printed on the card are sufficient proof the individual has cleared a background check.
Background checks will be initiated during the registration process, being sent to backgroundchecks.com US ONE Database, where the Name, Address and Date of Birth will be input and checked from over 300,000,000 entries. Any “hits” will be returned to the Risk Management Officer. The Risk Management Officer will contact the individual in writing, requiring the individual stop any participation in US Soccer Federation/STSR activities until a final determination of their eligibility. See “Procedures for Risk Management Program" in the STSR Handbook.
Background Check Standards:
Positive – means no “hits” were found and the STSR Member is eligible to be assigned and to participate in any capacity within his/her USSF registration.
Negative – means that some “hits” were found and a review by the Risk Management Officer (RMO) is required before the STSR member is deemed eligible to participate. Should the RMO determine that the item discovered in the background check is serious enough to declare the STSR member ineligible to participate; a decline letter will be sent to the STSR member notifying them of such and informing them that they have a right to file an appeal for reinstatement.
An appeal may be made to STSR and the RMO in writing to have their case reviewed. The procedures for an Appeal will be included in the notification letter.
Score the applicant as ELIGIBLE if the following conditions are present on the Criminal Background Check:
Score Applicant TO BE REVIEWED BY STSR RMO, if the following are present in the background check:
Score the applicant as INELIGIBLE, pending appeal and review by the Appeals Committee, if the following convictions are present on Criminal Background Check based on the timeline recommendations:
Any Felony charges with dispositions including but not limited to the following:
Reportable Within 7 Years