1. All refund requests must be submitted to the STSR office in writing (or e-mail) within 14 days of the clinic cut-off date.
2. Clinic and Registration Fees will be refunded with a $5.00 cancellation fee if you cancel your clinic reservation and registration prior to the cut-off date for the clinic.
3. Attendance cancellation after the clinic cut-off date is subject to STSR review. Full, partial or no refund(s) may or may not be granted based on review.
4. There will be no clinic fee refunds for a person who does not show up, or does not complete a clinic he/she has signed up for.
5. A person may request a refund for special circumstances. This request must be made in writing to the STSR office.
6. A person who completes the clinic and does not pass the initial training session may apply their paid USSF/STSR registration fee to future.
7. USSF/STSR registration in the same badge year upon successful completion of all testing and requirements.
8. A person who completes the clinic and does not pass and does not wish to continue the registration process may request a refund of the USSF/STSR registration fee.
9. In this case, STSR will refund the USSF/STSR registration fee only. STSR reserves the right to charge a service fee for any refund.
10. This service charge will not exceed $25.00. If you do not pass and do not request a refund, your Registration fee will be considered a donation to STSR.
11. Registrations must be completed by June 29th of the current badge year. Registration Refunds for the current badge year will NOT be honored after June 29th. The unused registration fee will be considered a donation.
1. All other refund request(s) must be made in writing (email) to the STSR office within 30 days of the charge.
2. STSR will review the request and reply within 10 working days whether the request will be accepted or not. If accepted, STSR will issue a refund set forth in its reply.
3. Refunds of fees paid by check will experience significant delays, waiting for the original check to clear, and paperwork processing to issue a refund check. Credit card refunds will be much quicker to process.
STSR intends to make every reasonable effort to deny from participation, any Referee, Instructor, Assessor, or Administrator, that by Law has been convicted of a crime of violence, or a crime against another’s person, that would bring unnecessary risk to the health and safety of any Youth Player or Youth Referee.
Anyone affiliated with STSR and at least 18 years of age, is required to participate in this program implemented by the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program. This program is USOPC compliant and meets the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee requirements. The background check program is executed through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI) which leads the youth sports safety movement and advocates for the youth of today, advancing safety policy through influence and education while supporting youth-centered organizations and safeguarding communities with in-depth background checks and comprehensive safety services.
All Background Check information is Confidential and is strictly prohibited from being divulged, becoming the property of the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program.
Effective with badge year 2020 STSR requires those individuals that are Instructors, Assessors, Assignors, Administrators, or Referees, and at least 18 years of age to have the background check completed, results reviewed by NCSI and the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program.
Beginning in 2020, if age 18 or over, their name appearing on the www.stsr.org website as a registered official along with their current year U.S. Soccer Referee Development license certificate listing the issuer as the South Texas Referee Committee is proof that they have been through this process and have been approved. Officials that have not registered through STSR may not have been through this process, may have a current year U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program license certificate, but it will not list to have been issued by the South Texas Referee Committee on their U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program license certificate and will not be listed as a current official on the STSR website.
Denied individuals’names are never placed on the public Current Year Registration List at www.stxref.org. Their applications are not approved by the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program. They never receive a U.S. Soccer license Certificate issued by the South Texas Referee Committee. The denied individual will be refunded the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program portion of their registration/clinic fees only.
For club/league purposes, the presence of their name on the public Current Year Registration List at www.stxref.org, and the possession of a current year U.S. Soccer license Certificate issued by the South Texas Referee Committee are sufficient proof the individual has cleared a background check.
Background checks will be initiated during the initial first-time registration process and every two (2) years prior to the anniversary date of the current background check, being sent through the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program’s Learning Center licensing course module to NCSI. Any “issues” will be returned to the U.S.Soccer Referee Development Program who will inform both the registrant and the State Referee Administrator. If the individual is currently in a participant in the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program, their license will be immediately suspended and name will be removed from the Current Year Registration List at www.stxref.org, In all cases, the individual is able to contest the decision of the report and enter into an appeal process.